[talk-au] Mapping tree cover

EON4wd info at eon4wd.com.au
Fri Oct 8 02:28:02 UTC 2021

Another part of the question is how many trees before it can be classified as such?

I have been to the Grampians within the last 12 months and I did not find any scorched area left. All trees had growth.

If I look at the satellite picture from the OSM id editor, large areas look burnt. Look around Lake Wartook. All this area is definitely not burnt now and I think should classify as covered in trees. Other satellite images show this area better.

I would agree that ‘natural’ areas should be separated from ‘boundary’ layers.