[talk-au] Russian Town Names?

Dian Ågesson me at diacritic.xyz
Fri Oct 8 02:32:01 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've stumbled upon a considerable trove of towns that have had Russian
names added to them. https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1bRp

After going through them they nearly all seem to be transliteration done
my the same handful of users (who have various amounts of blocks).

While the tag is obviously valid for some towns and cities (capitals,
tourist spots or places with a large Russian community) I don't think
that the majority of these towns should have the tag. Some of the towns
have populations of less than 50!

Do others agree? If so, what is the best way to rectify this?