[talk-au] Source material.

Andrew & Ingrid Parker canlodge at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:52:17 UTC 2021

Good afternoon

I emailed the group for the first time recently:

*‘I am a basic OSM editor. I usually just correct obvious map errors I find
while hiking/cycling. I have tried to be a little more ambitious every now
and then, but I have found it can be quite difficult to keep other editors
happy with what I do.’*

I am writing to get some feedback from other members regarding an issue
with another editor regarding  Changeset: 112406297 | OpenStreetMap
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/112406297#map=11/-36.7730/144.6082&layers=G>

I used MapShareVic as my source, but was told that this is not allowed. I
am surprised by this as MapshareVic is the official Victorian Government
land software.

The background to this is that Fryers Ridge State Forest as depicted on the
map was completely incorrect, and I was attempting to correct it. Using iD,
I decided it was better to delete it and start again.

I am trying to edit the map in good faith using iD. I have tried using JOSM
in the past, but found it to be too daunting and have been unable to find
any good tutorials on YouTube.

As far as I can tell Warin61 has deleted all the editing I spent many hours
on

Maybe there is someone here who can help me get back to using JOSM?

It would be good to see what others think about this.

Kind Regards

Andrew Parker