[talk-au] Vic State Forest Boundary Files

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 10:25:47 UTC 2021

Ian, yes templates are at
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Waiver_and_Permission_Templates
which includes a generic cover letter. It would be a good idea to reference
the existing Vicmap specific waiver we have and link to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Vicmap_CCBYPermission_OSM_Final_Jan2018_Ltr.pdf
(maybe even quote the original request number SRQ0062658), as asking for an
updated one would be easier than starting from scratch again.

I would try asking for the waiver to cover all CC BY 4.0 licensed datasets
from DELWP.

ie. instead of

With respect to Vicmap Datasets made available under Creative Commons
Attribution 4.0 International Public License (“the License”) for the
purposes of the OpenStreetMap Project, the State of Victoria agrees to the
following:

we request

With respect to DELWP open data made available under Creative Commons