[talk-au] "Removing closed or illegal trails." (in Nerang National Park)

osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri Oct 29 08:59:02 UTC 2021

I still fail to see how that's a valid argument for not mapping the
geometry.

We have lifecycle prefixes (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix#Stages_of_decay ) and
access tags (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:access%3Dno#Illegal_objects ) for
this.

And I would argue that in the majority of cases we probably would map the
physical buildings of women's refuges (or their absence from the map might
become a beacon), just not label it's purpose.