[talk-au] Friend requests from 'Porn Bots'

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 11:56:07 UTC 2021

On 12/09/2021 12:44, Matthew Davalle wrote:
> Having some weird friend requests coming through after submitting
> changesets to OSM, one I account was deleted however the second
> account still exists

That's normal - it just means that someone has reported it and it has
already been deleted.

> and has a hyperlink in their bio linking to what seems to be some
> dodgy porn site with the link using openstreetmap.org
> <http://openstreetmap.org> as a referee in the URL.
>
> Dunno if it's appropriate to attach the URL of said account to this post

It'll hopefully be deleted by the time that anyone gets to read this, so
not much point really.

> but I was wondering if anybody else has seen dodgy friend requests

There were a few last month:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2021-August/014922.html
and they just seem to have kicked off again.  I've seen reports
elsewhere and have had a couple myself.

The best thing to do is to click the "report user" button in the user
profile and report it as spam. The admins tend to delete them fairly
quickly.

> (It's the first time I've seen it and I've been mapping for nearly 2
> years)

Welcome back!

Best Regards,

Andy