[talk-au] Suspicious amount of removed bicycle tags

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:40:49 UTC 2021

On 18/09/2021 14:05, Adam Horan wrote:
> I think I've tried to contact this user before.

Yes you did:

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=11210886

For info, to see who you've commented on the changesets of, go to "My
Edits", click on a changeset, click on "changeset xml" at the bottom of
the screen, note the "uid" that appears, and create a URL like
http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=61942&commented
that includes that "uid".

Similarly, to see who has commented on a user's changesets use a URL
like http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=61942 .

> However when I wanted to contact them it was for the opposite problem,
> they were putting bicycle=yes on paths that didn't allow cycling. I
> have only ever seen changeset comments of 'updates' ,

They've now specifically been asked about that in
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/111016252 , so they do now
definitely know that it is an issue.  Sometimes it might also help to
mention https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_changeset_comments to
explain things a bit more.

Best Regards,

Andy