[talk-au] Suspicious amount of removed bicycle tags

Kevin Pye kevin.pye at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 12:09:21 UTC 2021

> Hi all
> http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_reg/rsrr2017208/s250.html
> ROAD SAFETY ROAD RULES 2017 - REG 250
> says "Footpath is defined in the dictionary" but it doesn't say which
> dictionary.

"The dictionary" is the dictionary in schedule 5 pf the Road Safety Road
Rules --
http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_reg/rsrr2017208/sch5.html

The definition there is fairly broad: ""footpath", except in rule 13(1)
<http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_reg/rsrr2017208/s13.html>,
means an area
<http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_reg/rsrr2017208/s350.html#area>
open to the public that is designated for, or has as one of its main uses,
use by pedestrians"

Not particularly helpful.