[talk-au] Albert Park Grand Prix Track

Diacritic me at diacritic.xyz
Wed Sep 22 21:39:30 UTC 2021

Hello,

The Albert Park Grand Prix track is currently drawn as a separate
'raceway', broken up into sectors, using some nodes of Lakeside Drive
and Aughtie Drive.

It's pretty cool t see the route, but I'm not sure it's correct to have
it drawn in that way. The race track only exists for one month a year
(COVID and construction notwithstanding), and the wiki seems to support
the notion that temporary features shouldn't be included. Leaving the
raceway there 24/7 might give non-locals the impression the track is in
service all year.

I can't find a similar equivalent in Australia to compare it to (not a
big petrol-head) but Monaco, for example, doesn't have a raceway drawn
across its roads, just a relation. (Well, mostly. It looks like there
are frequent changes, but the raceway only exists in the ways that
aren't normal roads.)

Thoughts?

D.