[talk-au] OpenStreetMap Wiki page Australian Tagging

iansteer at iinet.net.au iansteer at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 11 05:44:50 UTC 2022

> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 01:11:54 +1000
> From: <osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au>
> To: <talk-au at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [talk-au] OpenStreetMap Wiki page Australian Tagging
> 	Guidelines has been changed by Aaronsta
>
> Well, he has answered a changeset comment:

> I'll leave it to the WA OSM community if that's a valid reason to simply
delete
> a whole bunch of routes for which there definitely are signs on the
ground,
> and what to do about it.

I am from Perth, and am a cyclist.  I agree with aaronsta that these routes
are pretty useless.  I have often looked at the signage and wondered about
OSM & the usefulness of the routes.  I might not have gone to the extent of
deleting them, but it is probably the right thing to do (they are
pretty-much obsolete and I doubt if anyone uses them)

Ian