[Talk-baltics] Extending Early-bird registration deadline

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Mon Jun 3 09:57:44 UTC 2013

Hi! I have just finished an accomodation map at
http://sotm-baltics.org/accomodation.html . It shows 31 points, most of
which have booking.com link and contact information: website, address,
phone and e-mail.

Also, I've been thinking yesterday, if it would do good to extend an
early-bird registration period by a week (until 16th). Since we now have
a venue, we are less dependent in our planning on attendees count. But
in several days three conferences one after another take place. There is
a strong stream of tweets, posts and other news items about these
conferences, in which our conference gets lost. By extending the
early-bird registration, we give ourselves several days of undisturbed
promotion. Those who visited one of those "big" conferences may
reconsider flying to Tartu in August, taken away by a community spirit.
Some may have ideas on a presentation, which they are too late to
register with SotM in Birmingham (their CfP ends on 10th).

So, should we set the early-bird registration deadline to 16th of June,
or leave it as is?

IZ