[Talk-baltics] The site is ready enough

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Wed May 15 18:38:03 UTC 2013

Manuel Hohmann писал 2013-05-15 22:30:
>> It IS the logo: full conference name written in Calibri font + 8
>> colour squares with rounded colors between "SOTM" and "Baltics".
>> It's quite versatile, allowing various designs for schedule or
>> printed materials. If you look at sotm.us, they also have all-text
>> logo defined only by a font and a contour.
>
> Well, of course we can stick with this logo, this would be fine for
> me
> as well and it's certainly practical. I just thought something more
> "impressive" would be nice, such as the bull on the
> http://stateofthemap.org/ website.

Frankly I don't like Birmingham's SotM logo: having a lot of designer
blogs in my rss, I prefer simple and practical logos, which can be
reproduced by a kid with a pencil :) Though I'm open to suggestions and
if you sketch a better logo, we could use it instead. As for T-shirts,
there are two sides, and we have a lot of time to come up with a nice
drawing for the back.

IZ