[Talk-baltics] Lauching the site and registration

Jaak Laineste jaak.laineste at gmail.com
Thu May 16 15:03:23 UTC 2013

I have had to pay for all the conferences where I've given a talk,
including 2 SOTMs. We could use it for invited talks, but anyway
registration cost is very symbolic compared to the travel costs and we cant
cover full costs anyway. Maybe for Estonian students it would make
significant difference, but we do not need to announce it now, only on
local targeted call for papers.

Jaak

On Thursday, May 16, 2013, Ilya Zverev wrote:

> Vladimir Elistratov писал 2013-05-16 17:24:
>
>> 1) Entrance was free of charge for speakers at SOTM-EU in Vienna and
>> FOSSGIS (kind of SOTM Germany). It's a way to motivate people to give
>> a talk. Shall we also provide a free entrance for speakers?
>>

> This got me thinking, wouldn't it be a negative motivation for
> unconference speakers, who wouldn't get a discount?
>

> IZ

Jaak Laineste