[OSM-talk-be] historische kaarten als basis??

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:08:15 UTC 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008, Lennard wrote:
> I didn't get around to doing this just yet, because I was waiting for
> you guys to find a proper and legal source for all municipal borders.
> :) Should I just start doing it this way and of course tag it with
> note=Extrapolated; source=Survey ?

Not sure, there are many roads where there's no sign telling you you're
entering a new municipality, and I think that especially in rural areas
this will result in very rough borders that can be kilometers away from
the real border.

The bebouwde kom borders on the other hand would need to be done that
way of course, either by adding some extra tag to the ways or by making
borders like for municipalities (but I prefer the first method myself).
If only to give routers a better idea about speed limits...

Ben