[OSM-talk-be] busroutes

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 10 09:21:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:56:28 +0200, Ivo De Broeck
<ivo.debroeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> What i propose is keeping the existing relation for the "normal"
> direction.

There is no "normal" direction with buses.

> Example stadsbus nr 8 go from Bertem - Leuven - Bierbeek (check the
> relation with the relation checker). Give the same relationnumber to
> all bus-stops for that direction.

You mean: add the stops to the relation.

>  If you are in Leuven you can choose the bus 8 to Bierbeek (relation
> one) OR bus 8 to Bertem (relation 2).

And there comes the part for the "from" and "to" tags in the relation
which I thought had no use. You always "take line X towards Y". And
having the from and to in the relation will specify Y.

Oh, and
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema>
has a more elaborate tagging scheme.

Regards,