[OSM-talk-be] busroutes

Ivo De Broeck ivo.debroeck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 08:48:58 UTC 2010

2010/8/11 Ben Laenen <benlaenen at gmail.com>

> Renaud MICHEL wrote:
> > Le mercredi 11 août 2010 à 13:26, Ben Laenen a écrit :
> > > You could fill in the roles of those nodes in the relation of course.
> > > I've  even seen the bus stop nodes being numbered, so you'd get
> > > something like "stop_15" as a role.
> >
> > The number was used before API0.6, when relations didn't preserve
> ordering,
> > see
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:type=route#Members
>
> As said before, at least one of the main editors (Potlatch) will destroy
> order
> and any duplicate members in the relation if you edit it (by e.g. splitting
> way which is a member of that relation), and therefore we still can't rely
> on
> it. If we could, there wouldn't be a problem and we could just use one
> relation and just add all ways in order.
>
> I do not understand this. I have used Potlatch and have put *in disorder*all members of the relation. Then i have used the relationchecker and all
members came in the right way. This was for a oneway buss-route. When i
tried to put the backward route, all members were in disorder.

This is a normal buss-route: (F=forward / B=backward)
begin --F/B-----<>------F/B----end

Can we discuss further at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Bus_and_tram_lines??

Greetings