[OSM-talk-be] Similar open-navigation-data-project

Benoit Leseul benoit.leseul at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:31:27 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Since you are talking about public transport, the STIB/MIVB public
transport company in Brussels has recently released all its lines,
stops and schedules for Google Transit (using GTSF file format[1]).

The actual file is not (yet?) publically available, but can be
obtained if you ask them (with a description of your project
explaining why it would be useful), and sign an agreement. I confirmed
this by mail with BenoƮt Laurent (laurentb * stib dot irisnet dot be).

I think it would be interesting at least to get the positions and
names of all tram and bus stops in the Brussels Capital Region, and
check the existing routes relations (bus, tram and metro lines). The
whole dataset could also be useful if someone wanted to make a full
routing site like Google itself.

Being quite busy at this moment, I hope someone else will want to go
through all the hoops required to actually get this data. Feel free to
contact me if you want to do this and need more information.

Benoit

[1] http://code.google.com/transit/spec/transit_feed_specification.html