[OSM-talk-be] Future mapping parties

Karel Adams adelco at skynet.be
Mon Mar 29 19:57:39 UTC 2010

Things could perhaps have been better, still I think we may call the
mapping party in Turnhout a success. I should like to share some
thoughts about future parties, comments are eagerly awaited!

-) Calendar: I should be happy to see much more mapping, more parties
would be most welcome. I will do my best to come to Deinze - is there a
date fixed, by now? - but should like to settle for the next one
already, after that. Luc showed me the very poor state of mapping at and
around Hannut, and I think it is more than time some more attention was
paid to southern Belgium. How's about last weekend of June 2010, for Hannut?

even so. The "pie" that Ivo produced was a very nice tool, and I should
like Ivo to be our offical piemaker from now on, until relieved by the
next volunteer. The one thing I missed in Turnhout was a board, with the
pie showing, and a list of "who does which part" next to it. Next step
would be to have a real dispatcher, wearing sunglasses and an official
OSM cap, marking the progress of the party on the board, and explaining
it all to the press crowd.

-) Website: as already announced, I have put some effort in this idea,
mainly hoping to get either a consensus that we don't really don't need
our own web pages, or someone more able than myself to set this up AND
maintain the thing - the latter is the hardest part.

Regards,
Karel.