[OSM-talk-be] Taalfaciliteiten + taalgrens + straatnamen

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:16:55 UTC 2015

Some remarks (I know we are not mapping for XXX)

* Putting both Dutch and French names under name, breaks OsmAnd's
capability to tell the name in Dutch or French as far as I know. It
now tells both names
* name:left and name:right are not recognized by Nominatim AFIAK. So
searching for only Komenweg will fail.

I'm not saying that we have to adapt our current mapping, just
pointing out a few flaws in the data & tools for our complex
situation.

regards