[OSM-talk-be] 2 Interesting Post in the Belgium Forum

Matthieu Gaillet mgwebmail at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 15 07:38:07 UTC 2015

May I ask a question : why ? Why investing so much time and energy into this ?

In my view there are things incredibly more useful to do to make Openstreetmap more complete and relevant. We are talking about cartography, not about the size of a road. Especially the bridge example looks like a « mapping for the renderer » mistake.

This may be a bit biased but for instance I discovered yesterday that the whole french « Véloroutes »  network is a mess : 90% of the relations are broken if I’m not mistaken. Fixing it and painting it : that’s something I call useful :-) I know that it isn’t mutually exclusive but still, ...