[OSM-talk-be] POIs

Ruben Maes ruben at janmaes.com
Fri Jul 24 19:32:11 UTC 2015

Op vrijdag 24 juli 2015 heeft André Pirard <a.pirard.papou op gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven:

> FYI, I once wrote an improvement to a Wikipedia page.  A self-appointed
vigilante came down on me and accused be of self-research (what I wrote was
as verifiable as 1+2=3). I was requested to add a link to a page saying
1+2=3.  I replied that what I said could be proved, and that, of the
existing 3 links in the page, 3 were incorrect.

That's because Wikipedia does not aim to tell the truth, they want to
summarize what can be found in other sources[1]. That's why you have to add
sources for everything except for the most trivially verifiable[2]. Even if
you know/think you're right. ;)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:TRUTH
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:VER