[OSM-talk-be] Import of 2000 DAE in Belgium (Defibrillators / Défibrillateurs)

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:42:48 UTC 2016

If only we had some kind of tool to mark places on the map where we should
go check out something!
:)

But seriously, it might be a bit much if we convert all datasets like this
to OSM Notes.

As an alternative, we could so something like this:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/nl/map/vergelijking-hondenloopzones_88766#16/51.1953/4.3929
This takes the live open data feed for dog parks (places where you are
allowed to unleash your dog) from Stad Antwerpen and shows it together with
the live data from OSM on the same thing. So you can do a quick visual
check of where we are missing dog parks (everywhere!) and even find some
places where we have a dog park but the administration does not. Now if you
polish this up a bit, you have a tool that we, dog-lovers and civil
servants will love. (what a coincidence, I am all three of those)