[Talk-bo] Huge changes to place nodes and administrative boundaries

Marco Antonio marcoantoniofrias en gmail.com
Mie Oct 29 02:16:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM, arch_arch en t-online.de
<arch_arch en t-online.de> wrote:
> we're monitoring the administrative OSM boundaries worldwide. On Saturday we've noticed that a user damaged administrative boundaries in Bolivia, Chile and Argentina while he added new admin boundaries to Bolivia.

Thank you, no local contributors and any help is welcome.

> I'd like to ask the local community to look at the changesets of the user as I don't know if all of his changes are correct: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ClaudDadur

Almost all changes are good. Generally added locations, roads, and
administrative boundaries.

> here the user added is_in to many existing place nodes: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26368393

The tag is_in in other places might be redundant but here -as we have
no administrative boundaries- are useful

> here a lot new admin boundaries got added and existent boundaries got damaged: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/26339900

I sent messages but no answer. He may not understand the english
language ... he is russian.

And I think he uses maps of the russian navy for mapping these
locations. I suggested to add the data source.

Regards,

Marco Antonio