[Talk-bo] índice de comunidades osm para editor id ([OSM-talk] Help me build an OSM Community Index)

Marco Antonio marcoantoniofrias en gmail.com
Mar Abr 3 18:14:59 UTC 2018

hay un repositorio que el mantenedor del editor ID esta proponiendo construir para incluir como mensaje después de editar... algo asi

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/38784/37357379-af1a3e6a-26be-11e8-919d-13f66ef5eafa.png

para mi es una buena opción para informar a quienes no saben de las comunidades locales  existentes o lugares para discutir...

en la parte final del mensaje original (abajo) está las indicaciones, o simplemente pueden sugerir añadir registrando algunos datos (sobretodo polígono de acción de la comunidad)

https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/issues

abrazos,

Marco Antonio

-------- Original Message --------
From: Bryan Housel <bryan en 7thposition.com>
Sent: March 31, 2018 12:25:58 PM UTC
To: osm-talk <talk en openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [OSM-talk] Help me build an OSM Community Index

I’ve started building an index of OSM community resources here:
https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index>

"Resources" can be links to forums, meetups, Slack groups, Facebook groups, mailing lists, and so on. Anything that mappers, especially beginners, might find interesting or helpful.

Why?

Currently when you save an edit in iD, you will see a screen prompting you to share your edit on Facebook, Twitter, Google+.  But we’d prefer instead to use this screen to let the user know more about the community around where they are editing.

See  https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4815 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/4815>  for discussion and some mockups.

While the initial use of this index will be primarily to support this iD feature that will be released soon, I’d love to see other applications that have a community focus use the index as well.  For example, if you are reviewing an edit in OSMCha, and you see something that looks like vandalism or an undiscussed import and you want to ask someone in the local community to take a look, this index could tell you how to reach out to somebody local.

What about { existing lists / the OSM wiki }?

I did look at existing community lists, and there are several, but most of those lists do not support adding a bounding polygon around a community.  Several of them do let you place a single pin where the community is, but I was looking for something that would let me draw complex bounding areas, and filter to only show communities active around in the area where a user is editing.

We already have a successful project for sharing imagery sources that editors can use (see https://github.com/osmlab/editor-layer-index <https://github.com/osmlab/editor-layer-index> ) so I decided to create something very similar.

How can I help?

Glad you asked!
1.  Go to https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/ <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/>  and watch or star the project. ⭐️

2.  Read the README and CONTRIBUTING documents.  These contain info about which files need to be added:
Each resource needs a `.json` file to describe it, and
a `.geojson` file to describe where the region where it is active.  (multiple resources can share a .geojson file)

3.  Either add the files with a Pull Request, or open an issue for somebody else to add the files.

Thanks!
Bryan