[Talk-bo] Flood Response

Marco Antonio marcoantoniofrias en gmail.com
Lun Feb 12 19:50:26 UTC 2018

On February 12, 2018 5:59:36 PM UTC, russell.deffner en hotosm.org wrote:
>Forgive the message in English. I am Russell Deffner with the
>Humanitarian
>OpenStreetMap Team (HOT <http://hotosm.org/> ) and we are addressing a
>request for basemap data of the area affected by the recent flooding in
>Bolivia.

hi russell, this month several floods and landslides have occurred in the central, eastern and southern regions in bolivia

Unfortunately, most of us only have references from places but not from specific areas given the hermeticism of the official information from the Civil Defence Office and the low quality of specific information in the local press

specifically there are problems in:

1. urban area around the river tupiza, in tupiza, potosi
https://osm.org/go/NgNgJVfB--?m=

2. urban area around the river taquiña in tiquipaya, cochabamba
https://osm.org/go/NhW5ti84--?m=

flooding in the beni (approximate point)

urban area flooded around the river rocha, en vinto, cochabamba
https://osm.org/go/NhWn01K1--?m=

we have been intensive mapping rivers, riverbanks, highways, buildings in tupiza (1) and tiquipaya (2), but we need more recent satellite images :(

landslide in tiquipaya (2) is the one that affected the largest number of people and dwellings, some ~700 people and ~100 homes destroyed

I personally was mapping these places but now I can no longer help because my laptop is broken, maybe some local person can help us manage tasks....

abrazos,

Marco Antonio