[Talk-bo] Flood Response

russell.deffner en hotosm.org russell.deffner en hotosm.org
Mar Feb 13 20:03:56 UTC 2018

Hello again Marco and all,

I haven't heard back from anyone else, so I went ahead and made a project to map buildings in Tiquipaya along the river as you suggested.  Some of it's dense so I've restricted the project to intermediate mappers in hopes the quality stays very high.  Let us know if you see anything you'd like changed and we'll just keep in touch as we move forward.

Link to project: https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4169

Thank you again,
=Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Antonio [mailto:marcoantoniofrias en gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 12:50 PM
To: talk-bo en openstreetmap.org; russell.deffner en hotosm.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-bo] Flood Response

On February 12, 2018 5:59:36 PM UTC, russell.deffner en hotosm.org wrote:
>Forgive the message in English. I am Russell Deffner with the
>Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT <http://hotosm.org/> ) and we are
>addressing a request for basemap data of the area affected by the
>recent flooding in Bolivia.

hi russell, this month several floods and landslides have occurred in the central, eastern and southern regions in bolivia

Unfortunately, most of us only have references from places but not from specific areas given the hermeticism of the official information from the Civil Defence Office and the low quality of specific information in the local press

specifically there are problems in:

1. urban area around the river tupiza, in tupiza, potosi https://osm.org/go/NgNgJVfB--?m=

2. urban area around the river taquiña in tiquipaya, cochabamba https://osm.org/go/NhW5ti84--?m=

flooding in the beni (approximate point)

urban area flooded around the river rocha, en vinto, cochabamba https://osm.org/go/NhWn01K1--?m=

we have been intensive mapping rivers, riverbanks, highways, buildings in tupiza (1) and tiquipaya (2), but we need more recent satellite images :(

landslide in tiquipaya (2) is the one that affected the largest number of people and dwellings, some ~700 people and ~100 homes destroyed

I personally was mapping these places but now I can no longer help because my laptop is broken, maybe some local person can help us manage tasks....

abrazos,

Marco Antonio