[Talk-br] Removal of data from Eduardo Francis Batista

Gerald Weber gweberbh em gmail.com
Quarta Outubro 16 12:30:21 UTC 2013

Dear Alex

we could indeed use some help here :)

I would say that the centre of the redaction was the city of Pouso Alegre
http://osm.org/go/Nqo2Jkl--

If you zoom back and forth you will see what I mean.

Quite a lot of important primary roads are now missing. The redacted data
were around 5 years old and a lot of people worked with this data in good
faith. So you will see a lot of orphaned nodes and ways laying around.

The good news is that most of the region now has good Bing coverage and
quite a few GPS tracklogs are available too.

later today I will try to come up with a more complete list of roads that
need to be urgently retraced.

I think that I speak for my Brazilian colleagues in saying that we could
use a few additional helping hands at this critical moment.

best wishes

Gerald