[Talk-br] [OpenStreetMap] Dados estranhos

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien em gmail.com
Segunda Fevereiro 17 18:49:54 UTC 2014

Pessoal,

O Erick me avisou que um estrangeiro inseriu um nó estranho no mapa
brasileiro (tinha place=isolated_dwelling e name = "Wood dwelling").
Como também tinha a tag name:de, suspeito que era um alemão. O nome do
usuário "keepright! er" sugere que ele usa bastante o KeepRight. Eu
removi o nó e avisei o usuário mandando a seguinte mensagem:

Hello keeprighter,

Thank you for contributing in Brazil. I'd only like to let you know
that I've removed this change
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/20593858) because the dwelling
itself was already correctly drawn by you and because the name you
gave it was very generic ("wood dwelling") and redundant (what it
means was already represented by the place=isolated_dwelling tag). We
use place=isolated_dwelling for places (such as cities, counties,
etc.) that are so "remarkable" as to have an "unique name", be it
official or simply popular.

If "wood" was important and by "wood" you meant "made of wood", you
may consider changing the tag building=house to building=cabin or
building=hut. If you mean "in the woods", then I suggest you make it
implicit (as it actually is) by mapping its surrounding greenery with
landuse=forest if its artificial/managed or natural=wood if it's
natural/virgin/not managed.

Cheers!

--
Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409

"The speed of computer chips doubles every 18 months." (Moore's law)
"The speed of software halves every 18 months." (Gates' law)