[Talk-br] Se VOCÊ vier, o WeeklyOSM estará em pt-br

wille wille em wille.blog.br
Quarta Junho 24 22:29:28 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

I really appreciate WeeklyOSM, I always read it and sure it has more
information than the OSMF blog.

I didn't say WeeklyOSM is less important than OSMF blog. I just have a
opinion that it is important to produce more content in Portuguese,
because I estimate that at least 70% of the links in WeeklyOSM are to
texts written in English.

Congratulations for your work on WeeklyOSM!

Best regards,
wille

Em 2015-06-24 17:47, Michael Reichert escreveu:
> Hi wille,
>
> I have read this thread via Google Translator.
>
> Am 2015-06-24 um 18:49 schrieb wille:
>> Pouca gente sabe, mas as postagens do blog oficial da OSM Foundation
>> também podem ser traduzidas: https://blog.openstreetmap.org/
>>
>> Eu consideraria mais útil fazer a tradução desse blog do que do
>> WeeklyOSM, pois este é apenas links para notícias e postagens sobre o
>> OSM e boa parte dos textos linkados estão em inglês.
>
> It might be easier to translate the official blog posts of OSMF because
> the post less than WeeklyOSM does. I think that these posts are less
> valueable because they only contain official announcements like "Hey,
> we
> have a new tile cache server." or "Hey, we have 2 million accounts." –
> these are just PR posts as every important organization does.
>
> WeeklyOSM is something different. It is a collection of the news of
> OSM,
> summarizing postings at mailing lists, blogs etc. Its German part,
> called "Wochennotiz" (Weekly Notes) was founded in 2010 by Marc Gehling
> when everyone discussed the change from CC-BY-SA to ODbL because some
> mappers in his town complained that they have not been notified about
> the change. They found it difficult to get information about what's
> going on at OSM community. WeeklyOSM is not a PR blog for people
> outside
> the community and the press; WeeklyOSM is like a weekly magazine by the
> community for the community.
>
> WeeklyOSM has a minimum quality level that's why only translation teams
> with at least three members get an Wordpress account. History (the old
> Weekly OSM Summary by Pascal Neis and Dennis Zielstra which was a
> translation of Wochennotiz every two weeks) tells us that two people
> are
> not enough to do this job over a long time (> 1 year).
>
> Best regards from Germany
>
> Michael Reichert aka Nakaner

wille
http://wille.blog.br