[Talk-br] Road network improvements in Brazil

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv em gmail.com
Sexta Novembro 9 17:23:41 UTC 2018

Hi, Andrew.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:38 PM Andrew Wiseman <andrew_wiseman em apple.com> wrote:
> Are there places you know of that need improvement or types of problems you see frequently? Also I saw these guidelines about road classifications, are they the most recent classifications used by the community, or are there any others we should be aware of? https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pt:How_to_map_a

I believe that most of the time you will not have to worry about
reclassifying entire highways, but only small segments to maintain the
continuity of the roads.
Here https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/-10.8073/-37.1696 we have
two examples:

- a primary segment https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/276900076 which
is overclassified (it should be secondary)
- a tertiary segment https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/163099566 which
is underclassified (should also be secondary)

The Unmapped Places is also nice to locate possible places where we
are missing highways:
https://resultmaps.neis-one.org/unmapped#5/-13.966/-49.482

The Routing view from OSM Inspector should also be another source for
possible problems/improvements (specially to detect islands).

Best regards,
Nelson