[Talk-br] Road network improvements in Brazil

Sérgio V. svolk2 em hotmail.com
Sábado Novembro 10 00:17:22 UTC 2018

Hi,
If you want to find unmapped roads, you might look at this map, made with data from density of nodes and demographic density.

PNG image map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8zld6cgwm6i5yg/JOSM-Backgr-DensNosOSMporHAB-R01.zip?dl=0

KML map of less mapped districts:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms70wy6iwaaexkq/DNH-zero-BR.zip?dl=0

Wiki (need Google translation from portuguese):
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Demografia_do_Brasil_como_auxiliar_no_OSM

This map of densities may be a bit outdated since 2017. But everytime I use this map I still found unmapped roads to map

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sérgio - http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/smaprs
________________________________
De: Andrew Wiseman <andrew_wiseman em apple.com>
Enviado: sexta-feira, 9 de novembro de 2018 14:37:39
Para: talk-br em openstreetmap.org
Assunto: [Talk-br] Road network improvements in Brazil

Hello OSM Brazil,

My name is Andrew Wiseman, I work for Apple on the Maps team. My team is interested in doing some work on the road network in Brazil on OpenStreetMap, things like adding missing roads, making sure roads connect properly, fixing incorrect alignments with GPS traces, ensuring road classifications are consistent, and other similar issues.

Are there places you know of that need improvement or types of problems you see frequently? Also I saw these guidelines about road classifications, are they the most recent classifications used by the community, or are there any others we should be aware of? https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pt:How_to_map_a

We have a Github page here about the project: https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/126

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

Thank you,
Andrew
Apple, Inc.

Andrew Wiseman |  Maps | andrew_wiseman em apple.com<mailto:andrew_wiseman em apple.com>