[Talk-br] Able to host a tile.osm.org CDN node? (Inglês)

Grant Slater openstreetmap em firefishy.com
Ter Fev 19 20:15:43 UTC 2019

Hi OpenStreetMap Talk-BR,

(Please would someone kindly translate this into Portugês?)

Quick Introduction: I am part of the volunteer Operations team who run
the OpenStreetMap.org servers.

Our tile.openstreetmap.org CDN would greatly benefit from having a
cache server in Brazil.
It would make the default rendered map on OpenStreetMap.org much
faster for Brazilians.

The live CDN Country -> Edge Cache Mapping:
https://dns.openstreetmap.org/tile.openstreetmap.org.html

Know anyone who could help?
We're ideally looking for a dedicated physical server or powerful VM with 8GB+
RAM and at least 146GB of storage.
More details here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Servers/Tile_CDN

Our current peak Brazil traffic is currently around 70,000,000 bits per second.

Full breakdown here in bits per second:
https://git.openstreetmap.org/dns.git/blob/HEAD:/bandwidth/tile.openstreetmap.yml

Feel free to contact me off-list if you prefer.

Kind regards,

Grant