[Talk-ca] [CC-ca] [montreal] OpenStreetMap in Montreal (and other Canad cities)

Nicolas Marchildon nicolas at marchildon.net
Fri Apr 18 02:24:21 BST 2008

Nicolas Marchildon a écrit :
>> Is there a forum or somewhere we can discuss this further, where posts
>> will stay up? Or maybe we can hook up in IRC (so I can log at least)?
>> I am in #mlug on freenode when I am online, and I am idling now in
>> #mtlosm (montreal openstreetmap?).
>>

> There is a Canadian mailing-list:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mailing_lists
>
> It started being used only this month, and I don't know if they would
> mind if we start a Montreal thread. I subscribed to it, and I'm thinking
> of subscribing only to a [montreal] topic (a feature of Mailman I have
> never used) to keep messages to a minimum in my mail box.

I have obtained permission from the owner to use the list to organize a
mapping weekend in Montreal, and I got a [montreal] topic created. I
have subscribed to that topic only, so please add that "[montreal]" to
the subject of your e-mails.

I'm cc'ing the list so that other subscribers know what is going on.

What about May 17 & 18? It is in one month, so we have plenty of time to
organize and get the word out. We could use the OSM wiki for that
purpose: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Montreal

I have a bike, and a bike trailer. I have a car battery & 75W DC-AC
converter I could install on the trailer to power laptops or GPS/phone
chargers.

--
Nicolas Marchildon
Tél: 514 578-4775