[Talk-ca] Great Lakes - coastlines / lakes

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 18:08:30 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Jason Reid <osm at bowvalleytechnologies.com>
wrote:

> SteveC wrote:
> >
> > The great lakes are missing off the map!
> >
> > Anyone here able to import them or something magically? If not I'll
> > turn over to the dev/talk list but I thought people here might be
> > interested themselves :-)
> >

> They show up on osmarender, I haven't checked the data yet but its
> possible they are entered as natural=water instead of coastline. I'll
> take a look at this over lunch if no one else gets to it first.

Are they missing for the map DB, or from the slippy map? Living on the North
side of one, I'd have noticed if it disappeared from the main slippy map.
Might be a rendering lag, (They also appear in Potlatch, so I'm not sure
where this is manifesting itself).

Thanks for the note, more details would be helpful if you could.

thanks,
Gerald.