[Talk-ca] TTC in Toronto

Simon Wood simon at mungewell.org
Thu Aug 28 07:43:08 BST 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:30:37 -0700
"Corey Burger" <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Showing transit routes is harder than it seems. Currently rail routes
> and bus stops show up, but not bus routes. For that we need a separate
> rendering, much like the cyclemap pops out cycling features like bike
> lanes and bike routes, this new layer would pop out bus routes, bus
> stops, subway stops, etc. However, such a rendering does not exist
> yet.

My understanding is that bus routes would be 'done' in relations.

Osmarender is capable of placing a crude overlay ontop of the map for specified relations, if you are willing to provide a tile server. Also see my other comment about using OpenLayers to render relations directly.

Cheers,
Simon
aka. Mungewell