[Talk-ca] GeoBase Import - Where we stand now

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:12:56 GMT 2008

Hi all,
I took a look at the wiki, great chart! (i now need to sit down and
analyse it a little, as i think i can clean up the pages a little.)

On the canada page we have all the discussion -post the announcement.
User: in7ane said he was able to import some data (i think it was in
nova scotia, that was feb 07) created an import file called 'GML to
OSM0.1.3a.zip'
-i'll try to get in touch with that user, as the help is needed.
Also user: dshpak knows how to make that python work & user: mungwell
also can help.
Hopefully Dale can also help, when his exams are done. (esp. regarding
geogratis stuff)
I also have others like gpsdave & gps teaching company who might be
able to help too.
So ya, there is help out there, but as we all know, its work on our
free time; so if we can hold out for a bit -? (i'll post links to the
users pages, as the relevent info now needs to be moved anyway)

cheers,