[Talk-ca] Scripts to import GeoBase/GeoGratis into OSM

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Dec 10 17:59:37 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 22:40 -0500, Richard Degelder wrote:
> How did other imports, such as
> the TIGER import, deal with data that was already there?

Heh, we need TIGER FAQ.  We didn't handle existing data at all.  There
were perhaps one or two counties that got skipped.  But, the other 3000
or so were just written over with the approval of the existing mappers.
We didn't remove existing data and let the existing mappers just merge
everything.

I'm not sure I ever even got a single complaint about that approach.

-- Dave