[Talk-ca] geobase import summary

Andrew Allison andrew.allison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:11:28 GMT 2008

Hello:

	I'm looking forward to the geobase data import. From reading the
various emails have I grasped the options correctly?

Initial ideas:

	1 - Delete all of OSM Canada and replace with geobase data.
	2 - Just upload the geobase data and have users clean it up.
	3 - Download OSM Canada, delete OSM Canada, use software to merge the
data together and bulk upload.
	4 - Create an JOSM layer where user manually trace the ways.

Geobase updates:

	1 - When geobase data is updated create a difference file to upload.
	2 - Do nothing

Final idea:
	Just upload geobase as a ONE TIME event and let the users/mappers clean
it up?

	Thanks
	Andrew

	mapping Southwestern Ontario