[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] Northern lights

michcasa at gmail.com michcasa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 15:08:36 GMT 2008

On Dec 29, 2008 3:11am, Jochen Topf <jochen at remote.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 06:48:37PM -0800, Sam Vekemans wrote:
>
> > the canadian geopolitical boundries was just imported.
>
> > I imagine there was a spike in the database.
>

> > What exactly was the problem? And why &how would it need to be removed?
>
> > Im sure theres some folks who can help. (if not already doing so)
>
> > -the message is on the last talk-ca digest. (just need to find the
>
> > link, but using my cell for this msg)
>

> There just was a discussion on dev about a single way with 40.000 nodes.
>
> That is far too long to be able to handle it with current software and
>
> makes lots of problems. Are you maybe referring to that? Ways should not
>
> have more than 1000 nodes or so.

Yes we are. The current ways we are talking about may have more than 40 000
nodes. I would like to delete them and replace them by chopping the ways.

Do you known how I could delete the current ones at once. I thought about
something like: SELECT boundary FROM ways WHERE (boundary='administrative'
AND admin_level=4 AND source='geobase'). The number we should get is 503
ways.

Michel