[Talk-ca] Biking networks in Canada

Alan McConchie almccon at ofb.net
Mon Jul 7 06:05:02 BST 2008

We might want to consider how they're doing things down in the
States.  Given that it is unlikely that there will ever be a National
Cycling Network in the US in the foreseeable future, they're using NCN
for statewide networks, and RCN for county-level networks.

It looks like that's what they're doing in Quebec; those NCN numbers
seem to match the Quebec-wide Route Verte network: http://www.routeverte.com/rv/index_e.php

I'd suggest we do the same as they're doing in Quebec and in the US,
and use NCN for provincial networks (in provinces where they exist)
and use RCN, as you suggest, for anything between municipality and
province.

Alan