[Talk-ca] How do we tag passing lanes

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Mar 12 16:40:40 GMT 2008

Hi,
I'm a new comer working in/on Southern Alberta. Just getting to grips with
the range of tags available, and have a question about passing lanes.

On Highway 3 they have built a series of passing lanes, section of
non-segrated road with an extra lane on either side to enable passing of
slow traffic. These normally alternate, and sometimes are associated with
hills where larger traffic might slow substantially.

I don't think that this is Canada specific item, but this seems a good
place to ask. So how do we mark these?

The same situation can occur where you have turn left/turn right lanes at
junctions.

Cheers,
Mungewell.