[Talk-ca] Magellan eXplorist 500 LE - Really slow to open track log

Andrew Allison andrew.allison at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:51:40 GMT 2008

Hi:

	Does any body have any experience with this unit - Magellan eXplorist
500LE, Firmware 5.2.17 dated Apr 24, 2007. I current have my track log
set at 0.01 km intervals. I just finished mapping about 200 km of
secondary highways This unit only has a capacity to store 2000 track
points, so I have to stop every 20 km to save the file and clear the
track log. As each new file is save the amount of time to open the
tracks folder takes longer and longer. By the end of my day I'm
"clicking" on the tracks folder about 5 minutes before I have to do a
save.

	This is unreal having to wait about 5 minutes for the track folder to
open to the active track. The first file pretty quick but it was getting
unbearable when I had 22 saved tracks consuming about 650 k of memory.

	Any thoughts or should I put the unit up for sale?

	Your new mapper in SW Ontario

	Andrew
aka.	Purple Mustang