[Talk-ca] Talk-ca Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 19:52:41 GMT 2008

Hi all, Awesome, :)
Yup the easiest way is the wiki, and to show the template on how to import
it. ... all data would contain the tag (geobase) so we know where it came
from.

FYI I'm making the smaller sized maps based on Ibycus Topo 2.0 (not 1.22)
I'm starting with the 092 area. And these maps should be available on the
Ibycus website soon. If anyone want to help, that would be great.  We don't
want to overwhelm the servers with more downloads of the 3 gig file, Its
available on other sites too.

Rather than the reverse, of trying to make the Ibycus Topo better, (as this
is a complete headache!) ... but not a bad thing :)  as we will have now 2
super awesome GPS maps, but have 1 OSM database, which will contain the best
of both.

Unless Ibycus has a better idea?

Where is the test area?

We can certainly learn from Tiger Data.  :)

It may be necessary to (unfortunaly) be on the receiving end of the GeoBase
updates. ... fortunately these are provincially done,  ... the Ontario
Dataset is 10 meter accuracy (we can do that also), so keeping in contact
with the people at GeoBase would prove beneficial.  Once they learn the
power of this project, and its benefit to everyone they might want to help
directly. :)

There are lots of points and details to cover.

One of my concerns is that i don't want to be arbitrarily making decisions
and posting information on the Wiki which might not be totally accurate (but
based on the information that i have) So please feel free to post "agreed"
so then all users know its not just 'me' saying these things.

I can now be removing some of my posts on the wiki site :)

When replying, please use the 'reply all' as that is quicker.

Cheers and thanks so much,
Sam