[Talk-ca] Geobase import by provinces

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:04:05 GMT 2008

Given most of the country has at least a few roads, we face a real
issue. The last thing we should be doing it ripping out a bunch of
mapping that somebody just added. So if we are going to rip out
exisiting stuff (and lets be honest, the effort of merging for some s
tuff just ain't worth it) then we should do a time stamp check to see
if the data was added within the past month or so. This prevents us
from dropping a whole load of data on a potential user that might get
really annoyed, as has happened in more than one case with the TIGER
data. To me, users are far far far more important than geobase data.

Corey