[Talk-ca] updating wiki GeoBase Import Page

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:53:29 GMT 2008

Hi,I have updated the GeoBase Import wiki page, with writing in the talk
page.
Mostly about my last message (earlier today) showing the importance of using
the Ibycus Topo, primarily because the source of this map is the SAME source
as which will be used in the geobase import.

By recommending people start with loading the Ibycus Topo IMG map file as
well as the local OSM data area, this way users wont continue to be drawing
in roads which will be imported 'soon'.

P.S.  yes, i do understand that this project is on a 'free-time' basis. ..
So i do apologize if i seem a little too anctious about getting this data
loaded fast :)   ... as i also want my projects to be done fast.... yet the
little thing called a 'job', and 'rent'  does kinda come first.

Anyway, Across Canada Trails is registered as a sole proprietorship, and is
going to be as opensource as possible.  I started making post cards, as that
and donations is the only way all my ideas will get funded :)  ....
fortunatly, the goal of making a free opensource paper mapbook and GPS guide
for navigating canada is as alive as ever :).

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails