[Talk-ca] importing GeoBase Data (learning from TIGER)

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 04:36:40 GMT 2008

Hi all,
cool, i see 2 charts are being worked on. :-) There are 7 parts to the
geobase data, and it would be great to incorporate it all. Though the
topo, we already have with the cyclemap with srtm topo.

I havent figured out how to get the plugins working, but i'll figure it out.

Looks like its technically possable to have a plug in for it :)

So for clearly  defining the match up of data, to what extent should
this be shown on the wiki?

Can we decide if its  better to start with tile 001 or the provice
with the most deta?

Why not draw in boxes where the geobase (large rubber stamp*) wont
happen? -placed to the nearest .125 degree?

*a stamp because thats what it is like, when a new version is
available, we can let everyone know. Just like when a new satalite
image is made available;

thanks,
sam