[Talk-ca] Name or Ref for rural roads

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Wed Oct 1 19:03:31 BST 2008

Hi all,
In the mapping I have be doing so far I have been using the 'name=' tag
for both rural and city roads.

I am seeing multiple places where a rural road is know by both 'Range Road
5-2' and 'Old Airport Road'. How should these be tagged?

It make sense to put 'name=Old Airport Road' and 'ref=Range Road 5-2', but
the reference would be written in a little box on the way, making a rather
large little box.....

Also some roads have multiple references.

Can someone please clarify how these should be tagged and update the
guidelines on the wiki.

Thanks,
Mungewell.