[Talk-ca] Fixing Albertan Places

simon at mungewell.org simon at mungewell.org
Tue Sep 23 16:08:42 BST 2008

Hi James,
Yes, the specialized municipalities cause some problems.... I checked in
the source listing and it should be (which won't produce a match, and
therefore no change to existing nodes):
  Sherwood Park (Urban Service Area) = Hamlet
  Fort McMurray (Urban Service Area) = Hamlet

With the municipalities on would expect that a way would be used to mark
the boundary, and this way would contain tags for the population.

Towns/Villages/Hamlets within a specialized municipality could have a
'population=refer to xxx' as a marker (until we really work out what to
do) and just place Town/Village/Hamlet node for name marking - the crime
of tagging for the renders I guess.

Crowsnest Pass also falls into this situation.

Cheers,
Simon.