[Talk-ca] canvec2osm sample area tofino BC _with roads

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 2 03:40:05 BST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Sam Vekemans wrote:

> Thanks,
> the canvec roads think & act like Q-tips. And unfortunatly, i cannot
> run AutoMatch, so it would be best for geobase2osm to be run 1st. Then
> use the canvec roads as an overlay. (to help users as a guide to know
> where to Stretch/move the intersecting nodes too.)

I don't understand what you mean by "Q-tips".  If your planning on using the
roads from the geobase dataset then I'm not sure why your going to use the
canvec ones as an overly.  From a geometric & completeness point of view
aren't they the same (since they both come from the same dataset).

> Does the geobase script account for the
> AdressRangeFirst/last/left/right data fields?
>
> If it doesnt, then that needs to be handled.

No I don't currently have any scripts that deal with address range data.  We
had an email thread about this a week or two ago.   There was some debate as
to how address interpolation should be represented for block face data.
Making Karlsruhe work for block face data might take a bit of work. I
haven't had time to look at this since (and it is unlikely I will get to
this in the next few weeks)

Steve