[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] Addr:streetnumber:first;last:left;right

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:07:19 BST 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:56:59 -0400 (EDT), Steve Singer
<ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Sam Vekemans wrote:
>
>> "addr:alternatenumber	"
>> house number
>> If a object has two numbers. Better use
>> "addr:housenumber=<first>;<second>"
>> ***
>> So the line can show a long stretch from <second> where it would be
>> the 'last'?  Would this work?
>
> Drawing a long straight line from the first to last end points would
> probably work fine for address interpolation type applications (if the
> application projects the point onto the road) but it you wouldn't want
the
> renderer to draw that line, for a curved road it would look really bad.

You said you had these housenumber-data for the segments, not for the whole
way, did you?

Then there is no issue with curvy roads.

>> And for the off-set, ill leave that for the expert. ... since the
>> canvec2osm (using simple java) script is not really 'automatated'.
>> .the geobase2osm (using python) script is.

Well, at least add your data to the way as canvec:housenr_left_start=
and similar, so the data does not get lost.

> If we want to use a Karlsruhe scheme then this will need a script similar
> what the ump2osm  is doing, I think we are best waiting till someone
> can do that with offsets and relations to the road (the complexity of the

> script will probably be comparable to the ump2osm script).

What language do you need it to be in?

What data-model are you using for the osm-data
(how can the scripe get the way?
 ...and the nodes for the way's waynodes?
 how can it output new osm-entities?
 how can it search an area if some osm-entities are already present?)

> If we want to attach the tags directly to the road nodes themselves then
> you
> would need a script that get add these tags to existing nodes (doable,
but
> neither canvec2osm or geobase2osm alter existing nodes/ways)

You could store it in a new relation added to the way+node but I guess
noone would find it there.